Sunday, July 21, 2013

Abdication of King Albert II. and investiture of King Philippe


Today, on the National Day of Belgium, the abdication of King Albert II. and the investiture of King Philippe took place in Brussels.



Mathilde was (of course) wearing a dress by Natan.


So, we have a new addition to this blog. Crown Princess Mathilde is now Queen Mathilde - one of three Queens in Belgium actually, as Queen Fabiola and Queen Paola haven't lost their titles. Elisabeth is now known as Crown Princess.

I have to admit that I'm not a big Mathilde fan, as I find her rather boring. That's why I'm going to cover just the most important events and not every single one.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha Royal Lady I love your candor.
    Congratulations to them. Their children are adorable.

    ReplyDelete